Gerard has a broad financial services practice. He covers general bank and syndicated lending, acquisition financing, structured finance, capital market transactions, derivatives, and market regulations. His clients include banks, corporates, financial intermediaries, and fintech companies.
Gerard started his legal career in litigation. He subsequently reshaped his legal career focusing on corporate and securities; and now, on banking and finance law. Prior to his current role, he was a Partner at an international law firm.
He has also worked as an in-house counsel in a financial institution to understand the financial services business. During his time, he set up and expanded the legal department to support the growth of the regional investment banking businesses, oversaw regulatory and governance matters, and advised the board and senior management on a range of business issues and strategies.
- University of Wisconsin, BA (English and Broadcast Journalism)
- University of Sheffield, LLB
- National University of Singapore, PG Dip (Law)
- Advocate and Solicitor, Singapore Supreme Court
- Solicitor, England and Wales
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific
- Recommended lawyer in the Banking And Finance: Local Firms category (2023)
- “…a first-rate lawyer and a clear cut above his peers.” (2019)
- “…has incredibly client service. Has consistently met very challenging deadlines for us.” (2021)
- “Good financial product knowledge and it was easy to work with Gerard as he has the necessary financial knowledge and context. Turnover time was fast, and communication was easy.” (2020)